Tax Law in Wyoming
If you're wondering:
- When a Wyoming tax lawyer can help you,
- The types of taxes a tax attorney deals with,
- How to find free non-legal tax help, or
- How to find legal tax help,
this article is for you.
A Wyoming Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
A tax attorney handles these types of cases; however, this list is not all-inclusive. If you don't see your individual situation, consult with a tax lawyer and ask if you have a case.
- Charles is a billionaire and he wants help planning his estate so that half of his assets are not lost to federal estate taxes.
- Foster has been audited and wants legal representation throughout the process.
- Kane donated his art collection to charity. The IRS is challenging the value of the donation.
- The IRS says that Jed owes $21,000.He wants to take his case to tax court because he thinks they're wrong.
- Susan's accountant messed up her taxes for several years in a row and she's being hassled by both the IRS and the WY Department of Revenue. She needs to amend 6 years of tax returns and deal with both taxing authorities.
- Emily is being investigated for income tax evasion.
A Wyoming Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Attorneys handle taxes that occur because income is earned, a service is provided, assets appreciate, products are purchased, real estate is owned or transferred, and assets are given away during lifetime or at death.
- Examples of taxes would be income taxes,self-employment taxes, withholding taxes, business taxes, real estate taxes,gift taxes, sales and use taxes, estate taxes, liquor taxes, cigarette taxes, gasoline taxes, hotel taxes, rental car taxes, airport taxes, etc.
Where do I Find Wyoming and Federal Tax Laws?
If you'd like to research federal or state laws, these links will help:
- Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- WY Official Code
Examples of Wyoming taxes:
- Wyoming does not have an income tax.
- Wyoming general sales tax is up to 6% based on where products or services are purchased.
- As of this writing, Wyoming does NOT have estate and inheritance taxes.
- For county and town tax laws (such a property taxes),Google.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
You can find a Wyoming tax attorney by searching our free site, www.attorneys.org, or by asking the bar association or a friend for a referral.