What if I can’t afford a criminal attorney?

Just like you see on television (and we don't say that very often), if you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint you one.

  • All you need to say is, "I want an attorney."
  • If you can't pay for a private attorney, just ask for the public defender.

You will be well represented.

Related topics

More articles about criminal

Get informed

Be prepared to work with an attorney with our free bankruptcy guides.

Browse comprehensive profiles from top licensed attorneys and law firms.