Personal Injury Law in West Virginia
West Virginia is truly one of the most beautiful states in the entire country. But if you or a loved one has been seriously injured, it can be hard to appreciate the surrounding beauty.
Fortunately, a West Virginia personal injury attorney can take the burden of legalities, investigations, negotiations, research, evidence gathering, and paperwork off your shoulders so that you can focus on healing and all the beauty in your life.
If you or a loved one has been injured in West Virginia, this article will help. We'll summarize:
- The kinds of cases that West Virginia personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a West Virginiapersonal injury attorney.
Would a West Virginia Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
Here are some of the cases West Virginia personal injury attorneys handle. If you don't see your type of accident or injury, that doesn't mean that you can't get help.
Always consult with the PI lawyer of your choice to find out if you have a case. The case evaluation is free.
Here are some examples:
- Scooter, airplane, truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, and amusement park ride accidents.
- Accidents involving defective medical equipment, cars, tires, hair dryers, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, equipment, and kitchen tools.
- Example injuries include wrongful death, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, fractures, birth injuries, brain injuries, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My West Virginia Personal Injury Case?
Negligence is the most common theory of liability in personal injury cases. To prove negligence was more likely than not, you must show these 3 things:
- First, the defendant failed in a duty owed to you.
- Second, that failure caused your injury.
- Third, as a result, you suffered legal damages.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- To get legal and practical advice so you know what to do next and won't make a mistake that hurts your case.
- Professional investigators will preserve evidence.
- To deal with the insurance companies so they don't trick you or take advantage of you.
Every case has a time limit. If you miss the time limit, you lose your case.
Here are some example West Virginia statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a West Virginia Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a West Virginia personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. As soon as you hire the PI attorney of your choice, you'll feel a burden removed.