Tax Law in Washington
Can you imagine the taxes that Bill and Melinda Gates must pay? Even after those big deductions for charitable contributions, the taxes must be astronomical. However, even if you're not Bill Gates, your tax bill is likely quite large and you need good tax advice.
You can be sure Bill Gates gets good tax advice. You may wish to take his lead and consult with a Washington tax attorney if you have a serious tax concern.
We'll provide a ton of tax information and provide important tax links such as:
- When a WA tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a WA tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Washington Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
Wondering if a tax lawyer is needed for your tax concerns? Here is a list of example tax cases.
- Damian was caught charging a fake sales tax on alcoholic beverages he sold in his tavern.
- Kendell's business is facing a Washington State Department of Revenue audit. The department thinks she has been keeping much of the state sales tax she collects.
- The IRS is saying Ralph didn't file and pay taxes for the last 15 years.
- Michael has been arrested for tax fraud.
- The Washington State Department of Revenuehas notified Chase of a $22,000 tax deficiency.
- The IRS is auditing Kayden and Stellafor 2009 self-employment taxes. They didn't pay social security and Medicare taxes but thought their accountant made the payments on their behalf.
- Tracie wants to know how to avoid paying estate taxes at her death.
A Washington Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
Tax attorneys handle serious tax matters and controversies as well as tax planning. These are common taxes for Washington state residents.
- Taxes due when you earn your money (income taxes and payroll taxes).
- Taxes due when you own property (real estate taxes).
- Taxes due when you give away your money (gift taxes).
- Taxes due when you buy something(sales taxes for in-person purchases and use taxes for out-of-state online purchase).
- Taxes due when you sell your assets (realty transfer taxes, capital gains taxes, and income taxes).
- Taxes due when you die (federal and state estate taxes and generation-skipping taxes).
Where do I Find Washington and Federal Tax Laws?
- Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Revised Code of Washington
- Washington specific taxes:
- Local Municipal Laws and Regulations
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
You may not have the tax issues of Bill Gates, but the amount you pay in taxes is likely important to you. It's in your best interest to consult with a tax lawyer regarding any serious tax concerns. To find a Washingtontax attorney, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.