Personal Injury Law in Utah
Although Utah is 2,500 miles from Boston, you may be familiar the song, Don't Look Back, by the band Boston. It's a classic and they still tour. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Utah accident, we suggest you consider these universal lyrics.
Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
Hiring a Utah personal injury attorney goes a long way to ensuring you don't look back. Your PI attorney knows how to get you the money you deserve. Let someone else handle the nitty gritty of the paperwork, legal research, evidence gathering, negotiating, and court system.
If your PI lawyer is handling these matters, you can avoid looking back and focus on feeling good again - focus on your future.
If you or a loved one has been injured, this article is meant for you. We'll summarize:
- The kinds of cases that Utah personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Utah personal injury attorney.
Would a Utah Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
If you were seriously injured in Utah at the hands of another, a personal injury lawyer would likely take your type of case.
Here are some example cases:
- Car Wrecks. Example motor vehicle cases include truck, car, motorcycle, airplane, scooter, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, and amusement park ride accidents.
- Manufacturing and Design Defects. Example defective product cases include tires, cars, hair dryers, equipment, medications, medical devices, chemicals, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, and kitchen tools.
- Serious Injuries. Example injuries include brain injuries, medical mistakes, birth injuries, fractures, death, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Utah Personal Injury Case?
Most cases never go to a jury. But you still need to be able to prove your case or the insurance company won't compensate your injuries.
- First, in negligence cases, you need to show that the person (or company)who caused your injury had a duty to you and failed.
- Second, you need to show causation, meaning that the person's unreasonable actions or in actions caused your injury.
- Third, you need to show that you suffered legal damages because of those injuries.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- To get immediate advice, support, and evidence collection.
- Because others involved in the case will have attorneys.
- To keep you from saying something to the insurance companies that would hurt your case. They're tricky.
To get your case filed before the statute of limitations expires.
Here are some example Utah statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a Utah Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Utah personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. You'll feel relief as soon as you have a lawyer on your side.