Personal Injury Law in Tennessee
If you're like most folks, you've seen those commercials for Tennessee personal injury attorneys on TV. "We don't get paid, unless we get money for you!" Perhaps, in the past, you would have rolled your eyes when you read that sentence; however, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured, you may feel differently now.
The good thing about those PI lawyer commercials is that they educate people. They let injured people know three important things:
- Injured people have access to legal help with no upfront fees.
- Injured people may be able to get financial compensation for their injuries, which will pay the bills.
- Injured people learn that insurance companies are not their friends and are not to be trusted.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the state of Tennessee, this article is meant for you. We'll discuss:
- The kinds of cases that Tennessee personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Tennessee personal injury attorney.
Would a Tennessee Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
Can I be compensated for my medical bills and lost wages? Do I have a case?
Finding out if you have a case is always free. Tennessee PI lawyers offer free case evaluation. You can contact them by calling, live chatting, or emailing.
In the meantime, here are the types of accidents and injuries that Tennessee PI attorneys typically handle. If your particular situation is missing, it doesn't mean you don't have a case. It just means you need to ask.You can check out the personal injury attorney of your choice by linking to their websites through our site, www.attorneys.org.
- Common Crashes and Malfunctions. Car, motorcycle, truck, ATV, RV, bicycle, cruise ship, boat, ferry, golf cart, amusement park ride, and pedestrian.
- Common Defective Products. Hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, saws, cars, tools, appliances, power tools, machines, medications, kitchen tools, equipment, and chemicals.
- Common Medical Errors. Birth injuries, wrongful death, adverse medication reactions, surgical errors, and misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, failure to treat.
- Common Serious Injuries. Slip and falls injuries, dog bites, food-borne illnesses, birth injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, burns, bruises, Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer), adverse drug reactions, scars, fractures, lacerations, and wrongful death.
- Job Related Injuries. Injured workers may need assistance getting their workers compensation benefits or filing a lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of a defective or mislabeled product.
How Do I Prove My Tennessee Personal Injury Case?
To win your case, you must usually prove negligence, which has 3 components. You must show that each of the 3 components is more likely than not to exist.
- You must prove that the defendant had a duty to you that was not fulfilled.
- You must prove that the lack of duty fulfillment caused your injury.
- You must prove that you suffered legal damages.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- As soon as you make the call to a personal injury attorney, you'll have professionals on your side to collect evidence, give you advice, and protect you from the other side's attorneys and insurance company.
If you allow the statute of limitations to pass on your case, you will be forever barred from receiving financial compensation for your injuries.
Here are example Tennessee statutes of limitations for personal injury cases. Statutes of limitation are short in Tennessee.
- Medical Malpractice is 1 year (Tenn. Code В§В§ 29-26-116(a)(1) and 28-3-104(a)(1)).
- Personal Injury is 1 year (Tenn. Code В§ 28-3-104(a)(1)).
- Wrongful Death is 1 year (Tenn. Code В§ 28-3-104(a)(1)).
- Property Damage is 3 years (Tenn. Code В§ 28-3-105(1)).
How Do I Find a Tennessee Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Tennessee personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. Your next step is to contact the personal injury attorney of your choice now.
Local Personal Injury Attorneys
- Johnson City