Personal Injury Law in New Hampshire
Some people don't like personal injury attorney commercials. We understand. But, don't you appreciate knowing that you can get help from a New Hampshire personal injury attorney if you or a loved one is injured?
Because of those PI lawyer commercials, you probably also know that you can receive financial compensation for your injuries to make up for your losses and that you don't have to pay any upfront fees. In addition, you likely know that you don't pay your PI attorney anything unless you win your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in New Hampshire, this article is meant for you. We'll nutshell:
- The kinds of cases that New Hampshire personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a New Hampshire personal injury attorney.
Would a New Hampshire Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Type of Case?
Fortunately, New Hampshire PI attorneys always give free consultations, with no commitment required, so you can find out if you have a case without paying a fee.
Here are some of the cases New Hampshire personal injury attorneys commonly handle. If you don't see your type of accident or injury, that doesn't mean that you can't get help. This is just a listing the most common accidents and injuries.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents. Example motor vehicle cases include truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, scooter, and airplane, amusement park ride, construction zone, and mass accidents.
- Defective Products. Sometimes defective products cause injuries and fires. Cars, hair dryers, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, medical equipment, appliances, kitchen tools, chemicals, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
- Serious Injuries. Example injuries include death, birth injuries, brain injuries, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, fractures, food-borne illnesses, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My New Hampshire Personal Injury Case?
To win your case, you must likely prove negligence. There are other theories of liability, but in New Hampshire, negligence is the most common.
- #1 - An existing duty was breached.
- #2 - That breach caused you injury.
- #3 - Those injuries resulted in legal damages.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- To get protection against the insurance companies, other parties' lawyers, and natural mistakes.
- To get evidence gathered and protected.
To meet the legal time limit for filing a case.
Here are some example New Hampshire statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a New Hampshire Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a New Hampshire personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral.