Tax Law in Nebraska
Even when working with a Nebraska tax attorney, it's helpful to have access to good information so that you know what questions to ask and can understand the answers.
To point you in the right direction, we'll use this article to cover:
- When a NE tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a NE tax attorney deals with
- How to find FREE non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Nebraska Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
As you might guess, each case if different. This means you must get legal advice that pertains to your case. We'll list a bunch of examples of "typical" tax cases.
- Martin gave up his fishing excursion business because tourism dropped significantly. He needs advice on how to file his taxes for 2012 and 2011.
- Quint's boat was totally destroyed, so he can't earn a proper living. He doesn't know how he's going to pay the $5,000 in taxes the IRS says he owes.
- Matt got a letter from the Nebraska Department of Revenue. They are sending auditors into his research lab and he wants a tax lawyer to deal with them so he doesn't have to.
- IRS representatives are frustrating Ellen. She keeps getting a run around when she calls for questions. She doesn't think she owes anything, but the IRS says she does.
- The Amity Opera House needs an influx of funding. They've hired a capital campaign manager but want a second opinion on the recommendations she plans to make to potential donors.
- Vaughn is being audited by the IRS and wants to be represented during the audit.
An Nebraska Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Income Taxes
- Business Taxes
- Estate Related Taxes
- Payroll Taxes
- Real Estate Taxes
Nebraska tax lawyers handle these types of tax issues.
- Legal Research
- Tax Planning
- Criminal Defense
- Tax Filing
- Private Letter Rulings
Where do I Find Nebraska and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are links to relevant tax law:
- Federal Tax Laws -Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Nebraska State Tax Laws-The Nebraska Revised Statutes
- Your Local Tax Laws - Google your own locale (e.g. town, county, etc.) for local tax laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
If you're wondering whether consulting with a tax lawyer is the right thing to do, it is. To find a Nebraskatax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.