Personal Injury Law in Nebraska
You are in control. It may not feel like it if you or a loved one has been injured, but you are in control. Your future is in your hands and you can hire the Nebraska personal injury attorney of your choice.
One you have a PI lawyer in your corner, all the legalities and paperwork - and dealing with the insurance companies - is handled by professionals. This means that you can concentrate on what's really important - you, your healing, your family, and your future.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Nebraska, will help. Knowledge is power.
- The kinds of cases that Nebraska personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Nebraska personal injury attorney.
Would a Nebraska Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
PI lawyers take cases involving serious injury and accidents or intentional bad acts such as assault and battery and wrongful death.
Most cases are accidents and here is a list of accident types and serious injuries.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Anything with a motor.
- Defective products. Any product that is dangerously designed, dangerously manufactured, or dangerously labeled.
- Work site, construction zone, construction site, sidewalk, stairwell, business, mall, medical facility, home, school, roadway, and waterway accidents.
- Example injuries include death, birth injuries, brain injuries, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, fractures, food-borne illnesses, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injuries, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Nebraska Personal Injury Case?
Accident cases are usually negligence cases so you must prove that the defendant was negligent by showing that the defendant had a duty to you and failed to fulfill that duty. Then, you must show that failure caused you harm and legal damages (i.e. lost wages and medical bills).
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- You need a professional to make sure other lawyers and the insurance company doesn't take advantage of you.
- You'll need evidence to prove your case so evidence is best preserved as close to the accident as possible.
You must file your case within the statute of limitations.
Here are some example Nebraska statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a Nebraska Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Nebraska personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. You'll be more in control of your life if you have the professional support you need.