Personal Injury Law in Montana
Montana personal injury attorneys focus their practice on helping seriously injured people. They know how to negotiate with insurance companies and deal with the courts. This means that you don't have to. Instead, you can focus on the good things in your life -healing - family - the future.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Montana, this article is meant for you. We'll discuss:
- The kinds of cases that Montana personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Montana personal injury attorney.
Would a Montana Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
If you were injured in Montana, a Montana attorney would likely handle your type of case. All you need to do is ask whether you have a case, asking is free and you have nothing to lose.
Here are example personal injury cases:
- Example motor vehicle cases include truck, car, motorcycle, scooter, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, air plane, amusement park ride, construction zone, and mass accidents.
- Example defective products cases include equipment, medical equipment, tires, cars, hair dryers, power tools, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, chemicals, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
- Example injuries include death, birth injuries, brain injuries, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, fractures, food-borne illnesses, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (i.e. cancer).
How Do I Prove My Montana Personal Injury Case?
If your case is a negligence case, as most PI cases are, you need to prove these three things.
- First, you need to show that an individual or company had a duty to you and failed to fulfill that duty.
- Second, you need to show causation, meaning the defendant's failure to fulfill his duty caused you harm.
- Third, you need to show that you suffered legal damages because of those injuries.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- There is no fee for calling a PI attorney to ask if you have a case.
- The law office will likely begin collecting evidence right away and will provide advice so you don't do something you shouldn't.
- Other parties to the incident will have attorneys.
- Insurance companies will try to take advantage of you.
If you allow the statute of limitations to pass on your case, you will be forever barred from receiving financial compensation for your injuries.
Here are some example Montana statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
How Do I Find a Montana Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Montana personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. Then, you can focus on your future.