Tax Law in Kansas
There's nothing quite like the feeling that someone has your back. If you have a tax problem - a challenge with the IRS or the Kansas Department of Revenue - a Kansas tax attorney will have your back. The only requirement is that you take action and ask for help.
This article will explain how a tax lawyer can help and how to find one. Here's what's covered:
- When a KS tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a KS tax attorney deals with
- How to find FREE non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Kansas Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
All of the people in these scenarios would benefit if a tax attorney had their back.
- Harry inherited a large sum of money from his parents. He has questions regarding the most tax efficient way to set up his business, make charitable contributions to his favorite school, and help his friends. How should he handle his inheritance?
- The IRS is auditing George and Fred's toy and joke novelty business. No one, even anti-establishment George and Fred, wants to face the IRS alone.
- Mrs. Norris has never paid federal income taxes. She has received a notice of inquiry from the IRS. Does she owe income taxes?
- Hagrid operates a not-for-profit animal shelter. The IRS is questioning his operations because of a fraud tip line report from Lucius. Hagrid needs help.
- Because of income and deduction errors, the Granger's dental practice has been hit with a $54,000 tax bill. They think the bill might be correct - or might not - but they don't have the cash to pay either way. What should they do? What will the IRS do next? The Grangers need to know what challenges they face and what options they have.
- The Kansas Department of Revenue is auditing Neville's medical bill deductions. How can he prove they are legitimate?
An Kansas Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Personal income taxes, including capital gains taxes (short term and long term)
- Business taxes
- Payroll (aka withholding) taxes and self-employment(Medicare and Social Security)
- Real estate taxes
- Estate planning related taxes including gift taxes and estate taxes.
- Sales and use taxes
Where do I Find Kansas and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are links to relevant tax law:
- Federal Tax Laws -Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Kansas State Tax Laws - Kansas Statutes Annotated
- Your Local Tax Laws - Google your own county and municipality tax laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
There may be some tax related issues you can handle yourself. the IRS and the Kansas Department of Revenue websites are an excellent source of tax information, tax forms, tax rates, tax laws, and explanations.
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
If you want a lawyer to have your back, you're on the right track. To find a Kansas tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.