Tax Law in Idaho
Although it costs money to hire an Idaho tax attorney, most people, faced with a tax problem,find that their lawyer was worth the investment. In fact, the lawyer may have actually saved them money - and jail time - in the end.
There's lots of free tax information available as well. We'll show you:
- When an ID tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes an ID tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
An Idaho Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
- Jack owns a fleet of ships through his import business. He wants to reconfigure his business to reduce income taxes and someone to handle all future communications with the IRS.
- Elizabeth has inherited the family home that is worth millions but little cash. She wants to know how to save the home and pay the taxes.
- Will is fed up with U.S. income taxes and wants to know whether he should expatriate. In the meantime, he needs help dealing with a $77,000 tax bill that he's not sure he really owes.
- Davy had huge business losses last year due to a storm. He wants to know how to deal with the IRS audit of the losses and whether there is any governmental abatement of penalties available.
- Hector is facing tax evasion charges and needs a strong criminal defense in hopes of avoiding jail time. He also wonders whether his ex-wife needs defense as well because she signed their joint income tax returns.
- Joshamee needs 4 years' worth of back tax returns filed and help with dealing with the consequences of not filing. He wants a lawyer to call the IRS back.
- James wants a private letter ruling on an income tax shelter his financial advisor has recommended.
An Idaho Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Income taxes
- Estate taxes
- Gift taxes
- Business taxes
- Real estate taxes
- Capital gains taxes
- Payroll taxes
- Social Security
- Real estate taxes
- Federal gift taxes
- Mergers & acquisition taxes
- Sales and use taxes
- Generation skipping taxes
Where do I Find Idaho and Federal Tax Laws?
Here are the relevant links so you can review the law yourself, if you like.
- Federal Tax Laws -Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Idaho State Tax Laws - The Idaho Statutes
- Your Local Tax Laws - Google your own county and municipality for local tax rates and laws.
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
It's usually free to call a lawyer and ask if you have a case. Other times, there is a consultation fee. Either way, you'll get information imperative to your individual situation. To find an Idaho tax attorney, search our free site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.