Tax Law in Florida
Wondering whether you need a Florida tax attorney - or not? You've come to the right place. We'll use this short article to explain:
- When a FL tax lawyer can help you
- The types of taxes a FL tax attorney deals with
- How to find free non-legal tax help
- How to find legal tax help
A Florida Tax Lawyer Can Help with these Tax Problems
If the state of Florida or the IRS says you owe more taxes than you think you do - or -you've made a mistake - or - you just want to be sure you're paying the right amount of taxes, a tax attorney will analyze your case and provide legal guidance on your best path for forward movement.
A tax lawyer would handle these situations:
- Sam was charged with tax evasion. The IRS claims he didn't pay taxes on his gambling income and that he filed misleading tax returns.
- The Florida Department of Revenue claims that Laura owes $40,000 in back taxes. Laura thinks she has always filed and paid her taxes appropriately.
- Jennifer hasn't filed taxes for the last 10 years and wants to come clean and do things right hereon out.
- Jacob is concerned that his construction business is not paying enough in taxes and doesn't want to get in trouble.
- Matthew is running two businesses and no longer feels comfortable filing his own income tax returns.
A Florida Tax Attorney Handles These Kind of Taxes
- Income Taxes
- Transfer Taxes
- Federal Estate Taxes (FET)
- Federal Gift Taxes
- Federal Generation Skipping Taxes (GST)
- Realty Transfer Taxes
- Mergers and Acquisitions Tax
- Sales and Use Taxes
- Out-of-State Online Purchase Taxes
- Personal Income Taxes
- Business Income Taxes
- Capital Gains Taxes
- Investment Taxes
- Business Taxes
- Corporate Taxes
- Income Taxes
- Municipal Taxes
- Payroll Taxes
- Withholding Taxes
- Social Security and Medicare Taxes
- Self Employment Taxes
Where do I Find Florida and Federal Tax Laws?
The tax code is your friend. Okay, we're kidding. But, if you're interested in some not-so-light reading, here are the links to federal and state law.
- Federal Tax Code, Regulations, and Guidance
- Florida Statutes
Florida specific taxes:
- Florida has no income tax.
- FL general sales tax is 6%.
- FL has neither an estate tax nor an inheritance tax.
- Your Local Municipal Laws and Regulations
How Do I Find Non-Legal Tax Help?
How Do I Find Legal Tax Help?
It's important to understand how the laws affect your personal situation and what you can do about it. To find a Florida tax attorney, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a friend for a referral.
Local Tax Attorneys
- Boca Raton
- Bonita Springs
- Boynton Beach
- Cape Coral
- Coconut Grove
- Coral Gables
- Daytona Beach
- Delray Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Fort Pierce
- North Miami Beach
- North Palm Beach
- Orange Park
- Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Gardens
- Panama City