Personal Injury Law in Colorado
DON'T sign any papers given to you by an insurance company until you receive legal advice from a Colorado personal injury attorney.
- Insurance companies will tape your conversations and use your words against you.
- Insurance companies will offer you less than your case is worth.
- The goal of an insurance company is to pay you the least amount of money to make you go away.
- You can get a free case evaluation from the Colorado personal injury lawyer of your choice.
- You can find out whether you have a personal injury case, how much the case is worth, what the PI lawyer will charge, and how you should proceed - at no fee.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the state of Colorado, this article is meant for you. We'll discuss:
- The kinds of cases that Colorado personal injury lawyers handle.
- What you need to prove in a personal injury case.
- Why you should call a lawyer immediately.
- How to find a Colorado personal injury attorney.
Would a Colorado Personal Injury Attorney Handle My Case?
Here are some of the cases Colorado personal injury attorneys handle. If you don't see your type of accident or injury, that doesn't mean that you can't get help. This is a listing the most common accidents and injuries.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Truck, car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle, golf cart, RV, ATV, boat, cruise line, airplane, and amusement park ride accidents.
- Defective Products Accidents: Cars, tires, power tools hair dryers, drugs, medications, medicines, vacuum cleaners, machines, appliances, kitchen tools, etc. have all been found to be defective at times.
- Injuries: Wrongful death, birth injuries, brain injuries, fractures, dog bites, adverse drug reactions, burns, scars, lacerations, bruises, broken bones, nursing home abuse injuries, slip and falls injuries, food poisoning injury, medical malpractice injuries, and Mesothelioma (aka cancer).
- Where Injuries Occur: On the job; in a store; on a roadway; in a medical office, hospital, or nursing home; at a friend's house; at the mall; in a store; in a parking lot; in the air; on a boat; at an amusement park; at home; on the water; and in mass accidents.
How Do I Prove My Colorado Personal Injury Case?
To win your case, you must prove negligence. There are other theories of liability, but in Colorado, negligence is the most common.
- First, you need to show that the person (or company)who caused your injury had a duty to you and failed to act as a reasonable prudent person in that particular situation would act.
- Second, you must show that but for the person's unreasonable actions/inactions you would not have been injured.
- Third, you need to show that you suffered medical bills, lost wages, lost benefits, pain and suffering, and for family members, loss of consortium.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately?
- There is no upfront fee.
- Evidence is easily lost unless you have a professional on your side.
- Insurance companies are not your friends.
In addition, if you allow the statute of limitations to pass on your case, you will be forever barred from receiving financial compensation for your injuries.
Here are some example Colorado statute of limitations for personal injury cases:
- Medical Malpractice is 2 years (Colo. Rev. Stat. В§ 13-80-1025).
- Personal Injury is 2 years (Colo. Rev. Stat. В§ 13-80-102(1)(i)).
- Wrongful Death is 2 years (Colo. Rev. Stat. В§ 13-80-102(1)(d)).
- Property Damage is3 years (if damage is in connection with the use of a motor vehicle (Colo. Rev. Stat. В§ 13-80-101(1)(n)).
How Do I Find a Colorado Personal Injury Attorney?
To find a Colorado personal injury lawyer, search our site, www.attorneys.org, or ask the bar association or a loved one for a referral. Although it's okay to report a car accident, otherwise don't speak with the insurance companies until you call, email, or online chat now with the personal injury law firm of your choice to get your questions answered.
Local Personal Injury Attorneys
- Canon City
- Castle Rock
- Colorado Springs
- Estes Park
- Fort Collins
- Glenwood Springs
- Grand Junction
- Greenwood Village
- Highlands Ranch